At the Dollar Tree, I got:
- shiny gold and shiny white curly gift ribbon
- 2 packs of gold and silver mardi gras plastic bead necklaces
- gold and silver star wire garlands
- 3 rolls of 6 foot bubble wrap & 3 cans of silly string (for my boys)
- 97 cent bags of white, silver, and gold balloons
- silver glittered pinecone picks
- plastic gold icicle ornaments
- one silver tinsel garland
- white pipe cleaners
I made us a New Year's Tree...
mardi gras beads made into garland
star wire garland
the pine cone pics
the icicle ornaments
a few balloons
and cupcake toppers made into ornaments
I decorated the mantel with the free printable banner and long curls of shiny gift ribbon. Then I coiled some gold star garland in there, too.
Can't forget the bar. This is what our counter looked like by the end of the night, lots of dirty glasses and empty wine, beer and champagne bottles!
My boys had hit the wall and were in bickering meltdown mode going on two weeks of school break with holiday madness. Early in the evening, I let them go at it with silly string in the driveway, then we "Leaped Into the New Year" by jumping off the ottoman, did a Bubble Wrap Stomp to make some celebratory noise for the New Year, and filled out these printable Remember the Year/Goals for the New Year pages. Then we put them to bed and partied with the grown-ups ; )
Hope you all had a marvelous New Year's Eve, too!